Wednesday, October 23, 2013

BLT Bacon Weave

Okay....let me just say this is one of my all-time favorite pins from Pinterest. My husband requested BLT's for dinner and although it isn't the healthiest dinner option I wanted to cook him something that he really wanted. I remembered seeing something on Pinterest that had to do with BLT's and how to cook the bacon so I went searching and I came across an online article from the Huffington Post.

Here's how to make the PERFECT BLT. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Cut bacon pieces in half. Using 6 halves of bacon weave them into a square shape.  Repeat this process for all bacon pieces (each BLT will use 3 full pieces of bacon).


Place in oven for 25-30 minutes watching them towards the end until they are to your desired crispness.

 Remove from oven, place between paper towels to remove excess grease, place on toasted bread and top with lettuce, tomato and avocado if you wish. With the bacon weave you don't have to worry about the bacon falling off the bread and you get bacon in every bite. YUM!!


No comments:

Post a Comment