Thursday, August 1, 2013

My Story


Hello, my name is Nicole and I am on an ongoing journey to stay fit and live a healthy life. I am a mom to two beautiful children. Alyssa is almost 5 and Collin is almost 2. My wonderful and supportive husband has been serving in the US Navy for 15 years. We have been through several deployments, countless detachments, 2 cities and 3 houses in our 6 years of marriage. My husband deployed in September of 2012 and the next 8 months were some of the hardest of my life but they are special because this is when I would start my journey to loving myself.

Here is my family a week or so before my husband would deploy.

I started by journey with Team Beachbody in December of 2012. I had been Facebook stalking my current coach for a few months and was completely inspired by her amazing transformation and losing over 100 lbs in a year and then maintaining that weight loss for another year. I didn't have 100 lbs to lose but after two children and having a husband who was deployed I was ready to step up and make a CHANGE.

My amazing Beachbody coach who inspired me and has taught me so much.


In December of 2012, I weighed 140lbs and I am 5'5". I had been working out for over 6 months after having my second child and I had lost about 13lbs oer the course of a year post baby #2. With clothes on, many probably would not have thought I had a lot of weight to lose but I was not comfortable in my own skin and to be honest I never really have been growing up, throughout high school or college, etc. I have always struggled with a terrible self image. I was chunkier growing up and my best friends from grade school through high school were all very thin and although we all played the same sports I was always a little bit heavier than everyone else. I noticed it as a kid and I never wanted to wear a two piece growing up. It took until I was a junior in high school for me to wear a two piece and at that time it was boy shorts and a tankini so you can see I was still not comfortable. My senior year of high school I thinned out a bit and was much happier with myself bu then I went to college and the freshman 15 got me. My junior and senior year of college I joined weight watchers with two of my best friends and I definitely lost weight but I did not learn how to eat well. I learned how to drink diet soda and eat low fat food to decrease the number of points I was eating but did not learn to eat REAL food.

With pregnancy and child birth came more weight and of course after both pregnancies I was at my heaviest weight which is to be expected. But I really struggled to get it off and I carried a lot of weight in my stomach. I would go through waves of yo-yo dieting and working out and once I got most of the weight off I got pregnant with our second child and started the cycle all over again.



I had our second child in September of 2011 and it took until December of 2012 to finally decide to make a LIFESTYLE change. I was determined to not make it a diet and instead make it something that would last a long time. I got through the holidays drinking Shakeology and then in January I joined my first challenge group. It was eye opening and I started to really learn about real food and what our body needs for nutrition. I have not stopped doing challenges since and I have lost a total of 20 lbs over 6 months and I am eating completely different than I was when I began.
My transformation from starting to now.
I now fluctuate between 121-122lbs and my journey is not done. I feel confident in my body and love the way I look and I am starting to inspire others to start their journey. I am not done...this is only the beginning! I decided to become a Beachbody Coach in July of 2013 because I love the products and the company and I have a passion for helping others achieve their goals. I have gotten my family and friends on a path to living a healthier life and I cannot wait to continue to inspire and help others.


He is home! And I got to surprise my husband with my new body and self confidence which felt great.
Happy and in love with my post deployment body.
My beautiful children

No comments:

Post a Comment